‘The Real Scandal in Washington Isn’t What’s Illegal, It’s What’s Legal’
Poster Boy for Dysfunction: Redistricting and Citizens United in the Texas 27th
Texas' 27th Congressional District offers a perfect rebuttal to those trying to pretend that gerrymandering and big money did not play a huge role in the recent government shutdown and gridlock in Washington in general.
Video: Trevor Potter on the State of Money & Politics
“We are in a really dangerous place in terms of money and politics and its effect on Congress, on our system,” Trevor Potter warns in a new video. But he emphasizes that there are things that can be done to improve the situation in a newvideo produced by Legal Center Policy Director Meredith McGehee.
The Supreme Court needs to get smarter about politics
At one point during the oral argument Tuesday in the case of McCutcheon v. Federal Election Commission, Justice Antonin Scalia remarked that he didn’t understand the legislation in question.
Tired of Reading About McCutcheon v. FEC?
Much is at stake tomorrow when the Supreme Court hears oral arguments in the challenge to federal contribution limits. If you are tired of reading about the McCutcheon v FEC, you can watch a summary of key issues and potential outcomes. CLC Policy Director Meredith McGehee has produced a video of Senior Counsel Tara Malloy talking about the case.
- McCutcheon Brief Grenade Part II – a Bit More on the Standard of Scrutiny
- The Grenade in the McCutcheon Briefs
- Donation limits help keep politics honest
- Trevor Potter’s Opening Remarks on McCutcheon v. FEC at The National Press Club’s Newsmaker Event, October 1, 2013
- See no evil, hear no evil.
- Partisanship Drives DeLay's Case Once Again
- Dimes of the Dead: Designing a Donor ID Requirement
- We the People Lose while the Increasingly Unpopular Congress Continues to Win